Insurance carriers turn to Bressler for comprehensive representation in a wide range of commercial litigation and collection matters. Our attorneys effectively combine know how, courtroom experience and personal attention to each matter in order to meet each client’s case specific objectives, ensuring that our client receives aggressive and responsive representation that remains cost effective.
Our Insurance Premium and Collection Litigation practice group is a national practice with unmatched experience in risk management and commercial insurance matters. Our team is comprised of accomplished litigators with outstanding resumes and a history of successful litigation. Using our extensive industry knowledge, as well as our significant litigation experience, we find solutions that increase recovery for our clients while minimizing litigation time and expense.
Real experience and knowledge in disputes involving commercial insurance products matters when it comes to representing insurance clients. Our team has successfully navigated a wide range of collection and litigation matters involving everything from large loss sensitive insurance programs with debt spanning $100,000 to $20,000,000; to guaranteed cost policies with debt ranging from $5,000 to $250,000. With almost two decades of specialization, our practice focuses on negotiation, litigation and resolution of disputes concerning:
- Loss Sensitive Insurance Programs, including all variations of retrospectively rated, large deductive and dividend based programs, for all lines of coverage
- Retrospective premiums and deductible obligations, including proper application of loss conversion factors, loss development factors, tax multipliers, loss limitations and program maximums
- Guaranteed Cost premium, including related audit issues, for all lines of coverage and types of exposure bases
- Allegations of bad faith and claims mismanagement on the part of insurance carriers and third party administrators for all lines of coverage
- Experience Modification Factors including allegations of adverse impact caused by claims mismanagement
- Regulatory and underwriting issues
Relationships are highly valued and we partner with our clients to navigate collection issues. The group’s guiding principle is that the client’s success is our success. As counselors, we provide guidance on the different approaches to move from problem to solution and from opportunity to success. This allows our clients to remain focused on their core business with confidence that they have evaluated all potential solutions to collection issues and that their decisions are well reasoned.
Our goal is to implement winning solutions to premium and claim issues with a focus on exceptional service and efficiency. Litigation is sometimes inevitable, but we strive to achieve collection through less formal methods whenever possible to keep expenses down and commensurate with recovery. Our team’s approach takes advantage of both our expertise with insurance collection issues and our knowledge of each client’s business, products and people. This has proven to be a successful model which consistently produces both excellent and economical results.