Principal Angela Turiano will be a speaker from 10:00am - 10:50am on the panel titled “Telling Your Story Simply from Intake to Closing Statements.” This session will include:
- Crafting pleadings that tell stories
- Carrying the story forward to the hearing: opening, case presentation, and closing
- How to prepare witnesses to best tell the story
- How to prepare for the other side’s story
- How to keep the arbitrators focused on the story
- Why are bond cases different from all other cases
- Is reliance on ratings agencies sufficient
- What other broker due diligence is required
- Bond pricing and broker comp
- Discovery in bond cases
- Proving up a bad bond case
- Computing damages in bond cases
The key to successful securities arbitration and mediation is telling your story in memorable and persuasive fashion. This program will help you master those skills while also bringing you up-to-date on recent developments in the law. Gathered from the "best and brightest" of the New York State Bar, this program will, in one day, highlight the most critical advancements in securities arbitration and mediation since this program was last presented.
For additional information, please click here.