- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- University of Maryland Litigation and Advocacy Award
- Maryland Law Review, Associate Editor
- Maryland Moot Court Board
- College of William and Mary, B.A., 2009
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, 2014
- New York, 2018
Laura Ruiz Rivera is an associate in the firm’s Securities practice group.
Laura focuses her practice on defending brokerage firms, other financial institutions and registered representatives in FINRA arbitrations and court proceedings. Fluent in Spanish, Laura has also worked together with local counsel in representing U.S. financial institutions facing litigation in such countries as Argentina and Mexico.
Prior to joining Bressler, Laura worked as an associate at McConnell Valdés LLC, the largest law firm in Puerto Rico, where she helped defend clients in FINRA arbitration matters and commercial litigation in state and federal court.
Laura earned her J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law and her B.A. in International Relations from the College of William and Mary.
- November 6, 2018SEC Proposes New Rule to Aid Purchaser of Variable Annuity and Life Insurance Contracts
Financial Institutions and Insurance Law Alert… Read more