- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Tufts University School of Arts & Sciences, B.A., cum laude, 1981
- Massachusetts, 1992
- New York, 1986
- Court of Appeals of the State of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1986
- Supreme Judicial Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2017
- American Employment Law Council (member & past panelist)
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- New York University School of Law Black & Latino Alumni Association
- The Partnership Alumni Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Association of Workplace Investigators ("AWI") (member) & AWI ANSI-accredited AWI-CH certification (pending)
Bert H. Ware is a Principal and a member of the firm’s Labor and Employment group.Bert focuses his practice on providing strategic and tactical advice and counsel to company executives and human resources professionals principally on employment-related issues. He counsels clients on litigation filed against employers in federal and state courts, and before arbitral panels. He defends single and multi-party lawsuits and serves as a strategic and legal advisor and counsel, providing tactical and strategic human resources and employment-related advice and guidance to the Firm's clients.
- 33 years’ experience, including Wall Street and national law firm practice, and most recently, 20 years’ in-house experience at Bank of America Merrill Lynch and predecessor financial services firms.
- Substantial experience in conducting workplace investigations related to allegations of: unlawful discrimination, harassment, misconduct, violations of anti-discrimination laws, violations of policies and procedures, bullying, and retaliation.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and tactical advocacy competencies related to complex, and sophisticated management-side employment-related issues, including defense of litigation in federal and state courts, EEOC and state FEPAs, and FINRA and AAA arbitral panels.
- Substantial practical experience in auditing & reviewing workplace policies, practices & training programs for sufficiency & effectiveness, and in providing impactful, in-person small group training for C-suite, upper management and supervisory employees concerning prevention, correcting, and mitigating risks of harassment, discrimination, and workplace retaliation.
News & Publications
- June 27, 2016Bert H. Ware Joins Bressler as Principal in Labor & Employment Practice
Brings 19 Years of Experience as an Assistant General Counsel & Senior Vice-President at Bank of America Merrill Lynch… Read more
- September 26, 2018Principal Bert Ware to Participate in PLI Seminar and Webcast
Principal Bert Ware will participate in a Practising Law Institute seminar and webcast titled "Securities Arbitration 2018" taking place September 26, 2018 in New Y… Read more
- April 18, 2018Bressler Partners with JPMorgan to Provide Assistance for The Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project
As part of The Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project (NELP) of the City Bar Justice Center, five Bressler attorneys in partnership with JPMorgan Chase & Co. partic… Read more