- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- University of Richmond, B.A., summa cum laude, 2007
- Florida, 2010
- Texas, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2010
Joelle Simms is an associate in the firm’s Fort Lauderdale, Florida office and focuses her practice on securities and commercial litigation. She specializes in the representation of broker-dealers and registered representatives in customer and employment disputes, including expungement proceedings, in state and federal court, and in arbitration proceedings throughout the United States before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Joelle also represents doctors and health care facilities in medical payment and collection matters, and has experience defending corporate clients in complex commercial and tort litigation, including class action litigation, in both state and federal courts.
A cum laude graduate of the University of Miami School of Law, Joelle was a Dean’s Merit Scholarship recipient, served as a staff editor of the University of Miami Law Review, and authored a published Note while in law school. She received her undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Richmond, where she was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.
News & Publications
- November 4, 2017Joelle Simms Named Top 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida
Joelle Simms has been nominated by her peers to receive the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida award.… Read more
- May 14, 2012Bressler Welcomes Joelle Achtman Simms to its Florida Office
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that Joelle Achtman Simms joined the firm as an Associate in the firm's Securities Practice Group.… Read more
- June 20, 2017SIFMA Compliance and Legal Society St. Louis Regional Seminar
Bressler, Amery & Ross is a proud sponsor of the 2017 SIFMA Compliance and Legal Society St. Louis Regional Seminar. The seminar will feature presentations by leadin… Read more
- January 23, 2018International Study Shows In-House Bias Toward Male Outside Counsel
Over the last three years, London-based research firm Acritas has collected more than 10,000 nominations of “stand-out” attorneys made by senior in-house lawyers wor… Read more
- August 24, 2017Where Are the Women Litigators?
Despite comprising half of all law school graduates, women make up only one quarter of the attorneys appearing before New York courts, according to a recent report t… Read more
- October 13, 2015FINRA Continues To Tighten Lid On Expungements
As most in the industry know, under the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s (Finra) current reporting structure, a customer complaint appears on a financial ad… Read more
- October 1, 201511th Circ. Creates Flexibility For Courts On FLSA Suits
Law360, New York (October 1, 2015, 11:27 AM ET) In a case involving one of the many unpaid internship arrangements under today’s graduate programs, the Eleventh Circ… Read more
- September 21, 2015Eleventh Circuit Reverses Summary Judgment Entered Against Unpaid Interns Suing Under the FLSA
Labor and Employment Law Alert… Read more
- November 1, 2012Court Case May Help Financial Advisors Clean Up BrokerCheck Records
As those in the financial industry are keenly aware, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (Finra) has made concentrated efforts over the past few years to inc… Read more
- January 1, 2009Pico Takes a Visit to Cuba: Will Pretext Become Precedent in the Eleventh Circuit
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's "40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida" award, 2017