- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1998
- Michigan Law Review, Articles Editor
- Mississippi State University, M.P.P.A., 1994
- Mississippi State University, B.A., 1992
- Alabama, 1998
- Florida, 2009
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle & Southern Districts of Alabama
- American Bar Association
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
Bradley B. Rounsaville has a national practice representing broker-dealers and financial services companies. Over the past twelve years, he has personally tried more than 40 cases throughout the country before FINRA arbitration panels; served as lead counsel on hundreds of other matters that were settled or dismissed prior to a final judgment; and argued numerous appeals in federal and state courts. He is a member of both the Alabama and Florida bars. The Best Lawyers in America lists Brad as a leading lawyer in securities litigation.
Brad has tried arbitrations in cities throughout the country, including Seattle, Portland, Denver, Phoenix, Dallas, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Lexington, Nashville, Little Rock, Jackson, New Orleans, Birmingham, Atlanta, Tampa, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Argued successfully before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit on behalf of a global financial services company. Obtained 3-0 affirmance of the District Court's dismissal of claims filed by approximately 40 individuals, trusts, and companies based on investments made by an Arkansas trader through a commodities account held with a company subsidiary. Plaintiffs' losses were in excess of $30 million.
- Represented international company providing securities brokerage and custody services for independent investment advisors against claims brought by customers of defunct advisor located offshore. Claimants' losses were $3.5 million.
- Personally tried more than a dozen FINRA arbitrations defending large broker-dealer against customer claims involving open-end and closed-end bond funds that invested in structured finance securities. Claimants' collective losses were in excess of $10 million.
- Won arbitration for international financial services company against claims by an independent investment advisor concerning fraud and misappropriation of customer funds. Customer's losses were $700,000.
- Won arbitration for large broker-dealer against noncustomer claims concerning the distribution of IRA assets after customer's death. Obtained affirmance of arbitration decision from state trial court and affirmance on appeal from the Supreme Court of Alabama. Claimants' alleged losses were $2.5 million.
Brad has extensive experience in many types of complex financial products including auction rate securities, structured finance securities, preferred securities, options, and variable annuities.
News & Publications
- August 15, 201926 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2020, Including 3 ‘Lawyers of the Year'
Florham Park, NJ – August 15, 2019 – Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that 26 of its attorneys have been named to the 2020 edition of the Best Lawyers i… Read more
- August 15, 201825 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2019
Congratulations to the following Bressler attorneys for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America 2019 edition. Cynthia Borrelli (Insurance Law) and Jed Marcus (Labor… Read more
- August 15, 2017Best Lawyers in America 2018 Recognizes Bressler Attorneys
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 26 firm attorneys have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018 list, one of the leg… Read more
- August 15, 2016Best Lawyers in America 2017 Recognizes Bressler Attorneys
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that twenty firm attorneys have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 list, one of… Read more
- August 17, 2015Best Lawyers in America 2016 Recognizes Bressler Attorneys
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that seventeen firm attorneys have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 list, one of … Read more
- January 13, 2015Bressler's Birmingham Office Volunteers at First Light
On January 13, Bressler, Amery & Ross attorneys and staff members volunteered at First Light, a center for homeless women and children. With the shelter currently at… Read more
- August 18, 2014Sixteen Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorneys Listed in 2015 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that sixteen Firm attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 list.* The 2015 edition of The B… Read more
- February 26, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. Continues Growth in New Birmingham Office
Bressler represents clients nationally in employment, securities, regulatory & litigation matters NEW YORK, FEBRUARY 26, 2014 – Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is ple… Read more
- February 3, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. Enhances National Strength with New Group in Birmingham, AL
Representing clients nationally in employment, securities, regulatory & litigation matters… Read more
- September 19, 2016SIFMA Compliance and Legal Society Charlotte Regional Seminar
Bressler is a proud sponsor of the 2016 SIFMA Compliance and Legal Society Charlotte Regional Seminar. The seminar will feature presentations by leading securities r… Read more
Awards & Honors
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Securities, 2012-2020