- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1996
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1993
- New Jersey, 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2002
- Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Compliance and Legal Society
- New Jersey Defense Association
“My job is always to make my clients look good. My clients appreciate that I not only get results, but that I am efficient, responsive and care about them personally and specifically tailor our approach to address their individual concerns.”
Daniel Korb is a Principal in the firm and a member of the Securities Litigation and Regulation practice group. He represents public companies, national and regional broker-dealers, registered representatives, registered investment advisors, and individuals in the financial services industry in securities litigation and enforcement matters including customer initiated complaints, industry disputes, internal investigations, and investigations initiated by the various state and federal agencies and self-regulatory organizations such as FINRA. In addition to defending broker-dealers and registered investment advisors and financial services professionals, Daniel works with his corporate clients on how to effectively manage and respond to regulatory examinations while developing protocols and relationships to cost effectively review and produce the requested materials, including emails, in connection with routine and for cause examinations.
Daniel regularly appears in federal and state courts on behalf of corporate and individual clients and counsels large and small businesses on legal issues that impact their daily operations. He has significant experience representing both individuals and financial institutions in personal and commercial lending disputes, and financial institutions in connection with industry disputes regarding order execution, private brokerage, capital markets, and investment banking transactions.
Daniel is also a member of Bressler's Senior and Vulnerable Investor Group. The lawyers in this group have a shared interest in providing end to end advisory solutions and litigation support for clients needing advice related to senior and vulnerable investor issues.
Complimenting his securities and litigation background, Daniel also devotes a significant portion of his time handling employment issues for his clients. He regularly counsels and defends individual and corporate clients in connection with their employment and severance agreements and represents clients with wrongful termination, constructive discharge and defamation claims in court and in arbitration.
Upon graduation from law school, Daniel was a judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward W. Beglin, Jr., Superior Court of New Jersey, Assignment Judge, Union County.
Daniel was recognized by his peers as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” by the New Jersey Law Journal in 2009, and by New Jersey Super Lawyers and New Jersey Monthly as one of the state’s top “Rising Stars” in 2009 and 2010. Daniel is the Chair of the firm’s Marketing Committee, Co-chair of the firm’s Hiring Committee and the partner-in-charge of the firm’s Summer Associate Program.
News & Publications
- April 13, 2010Six Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorneys Selected as 2010 New Jersey Rising Stars
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that six Firm attorneys have been selected as 2010 New Jersey Rising Stars. Each year, Law & Politics pub… Read more
- October 17, 2011Employment Law Issues in Financial Services - Managing Risks
On October 17, 2011, Bressler, Amery & Ross will conduct a seminar to educate key executives and general counsel in the financial services industry of important deve… Read more
- October 5, 2018Elon Musk, Tesla, and the Perils of Social Media
Financial Institutions Law Alert… Read more
- December 11, 2017SEC Enforcement Division Reflects on 2017, Turns Focus to 2018
Securities Law Alert… Read more
- February 6, 2017FINRA Update: Task Force Recommendations and Rule Changes
Daniel Korb’s recent article addresses a few of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Dispute Resolution Task Force’s key recommendations to enhance th… Read more
- November 3, 2014New York Court of Appeals Affirms Separate Entity Rule
- July 11, 2013Supreme Court Upholds Class-Action Arbitration Waiver
- June 23, 2011New Home Buyers Beware! New Jersey Appellate Division Upholds A Mandatory Arbitration Provision In A New Home Warranty
Awards & Honors
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars” List, 2009-2010
- Recognized on the New Jersey Law Journal’s “Top 40 Under 40” List, 2009