- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1996
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1993
- New Jersey, 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2002
- Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Compliance and Legal Society
- New Jersey Defense Association
“My job is always to make my clients look good. They appreciate not only that I get results, but also that I am efficient, responsive and care personally about their often specific concerns for each matter in which I am involved.”
Daniel Korb is a Principal of the firm’s Securities Litigation and Regulation practice group. He represents public companies, national and regional broker-dealers and registered representatives in securities litigation and enforcement matters including customer initiated complaints, internal investigations, as well as investigations by various state agencies and self-regulatory organizations such as FINRA. In addition to defending broker-dealers and registered representatives, Daniel works with broker-dealer clients to manage regulatory examinations and develop protocols and relationships to cost effectively review requested documents, including emails, in connection with both routine and for cause examinations.
Daniel regularly appears on behalf of corporate and individual clients in federal and state courts, and counsels large and small corporate clients on business and legal issues that impact their daily operation. He has significant experience representing both individuals and financial institutions in personal and commercial lending disputes, and financial institutions in connection with industry disputes regarding order execution, private brokerage and investment banking transactions. Daniel also has vast experience in construction law, where he has successfully represented owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, construction managers and commercial landscapers in connection with contract negotiations, contract disputes, bid challenges and federal and state investigations.
Daniel is also a member of Bressler's Senior Issues: Counseling and Litigation Defense group. The lawyers in this group have a shared interest in providing counsel to corporate clients who confront issues affecting seniors.
Complimenting his securities and litigation background, Daniel also devotes a significant portion of his time handling employment law issues. He regularly counsels individual and institutional clients on their employment and severance agreements. He also represents clients in connection with wrongful termination, constructive discharge and defamation claims in court and in arbitration.
Upon graduation from law school, Daniel was a judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward W. Beglin, Jr., Superior Court of New Jersey, Assignment Judge, Union County.
Daniel was recognized by his peers as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” by the New Jersey Law Journal in 2009, and by New Jersey Super Lawyers and New Jersey Monthly as one of the state’s top “Rising Stars” in 2009 and 2010. Daniel is the Co-chair of the firm’s Hiring Committee and the partner-in-charge of the firm’s Summer Associate Program. He also serves as the Chair of the firm’s Associate’s Committee.
News & Publications
- April 13, 2010Six Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorneys Selected as 2010 New Jersey Rising Stars
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that six Firm attorneys have been selected as 2010 New Jersey Rising Stars. Each year, Law & Politics pub… Read more
- October 17, 2011Employment Law Issues in Financial Services - Managing Risks
On October 17, 2011, Bressler, Amery & Ross will conduct a seminar to educate key executives and general counsel in the financial services industry of important deve… Read more
- October 5, 2018Elon Musk, Tesla, and the Perils of Social Media
Financial Institutions Law Alert… Read more
- December 11, 2017SEC Enforcement Division Reflects on 2017, Turns Focus to 2018
Securities Law Alert… Read more
- February 6, 2017FINRA Update: Task Force Recommendations and Rule Changes
Daniel Korb’s recent article addresses a few of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Dispute Resolution Task Force’s key recommendations to enhance th… Read more
- November 3, 2014New York Court of Appeals Affirms Separate Entity Rule
- July 11, 2013Supreme Court Upholds Class-Action Arbitration Waiver
- June 23, 2011New Home Buyers Beware! New Jersey Appellate Division Upholds A Mandatory Arbitration Provision In A New Home Warranty
Awards & Honors
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars” List, 2009-2010
- Recognized on the New Jersey Law Journal’s “Top 40 Under 40” List, 2009