- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., 2013
- American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Editor in Chief
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.S., 2009
- Alabama, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 2013
- Alabama State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Birmingham Bar Association, Executive Committee of Young Lawyers Section
Kathleen Bowers is an associate in the firm's Labor and Employment and Insurance practice groups.
Kathleen represents management and advises clients in a wide variety of EEO and employment matters, including cases arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, and other analogous state discrimination and tort laws. Kathleen handles cases in both federal and state courts as well as arbitrations and administrative proceedings before the EEOC.
Kathleen received her J.D. from Cumberland School of Law where she served as Editor in Chief of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy and was a member of the Cumberland National Moot Court team. She received her B.S. from Birmingham-Southern College.
As an active participant in her community, Kathleen serves on the junior board for First Light, a shelter for homeless women and children. In addition, she serves on the junior board for Special Equestrians, a therapeutic horseback riding program for special needs children and adults.
News & Publications
- November 8, 201813 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers in 2018
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that seven firm attorneys have been selected to the 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers list and six firm attorneys were… Read more
- December 9, 2017Kathleen Bowers Elected to BBA Young Lawyers' Executive Committee
Bressler Associate Kathleen Bowers has been elected to the Executive Committee of the Birmingham Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section.… Read more
- December 5, 2016Bressler Selected as 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year By Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program
Bressler has been selected as the 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year by Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program (BBVLP).… Read more
- April 28, 2016BBA Young Lawyers Section Charity Trivia Night
Bressler was a proud sponsor of the Birmingham Bar Association (“BBA”) Young Lawyers Section Charity Trivia Night on April 28. The event, benefitting the Firehouse S… Read more
- June 15, 2015Bressler Welcomes A. Kathleen Bowers to the Alabama Office
Bressler welcomes new associate, Kathleen Bowers, to the firm’s Labor and Employment and Insurance Defense practice groups. Kathleen received her J.D. from Cumberlan… Read more
- July 6, 2018Bressler's Alabama Office Participates in Locked In: The Birmingham Escape Game
Bressler's Alabama office summer law clerks participated in an event at Locked In: The Birmingham Escape Game.… Read more